Friday, January 7, 2011

India!

So Dan and I are in India.

India is overwhelming...well Channai is! It's just as I thought it would be. Lots of honking, hot and humid and sooooooo many people. We tried to get a room in Channai so that we could spend the day there but decided pretty quickly to get the hell out of there.

So we took a series of buses by relying on the kindness of strangers...and we ended up spending yesterday in a place called Kovelan...a very small town where we were the attraction. Lots of staring of course and touching our arm--mostly kids. We ended up sleeping A LOT during our visit.

Today we took a bus from Kovelan into Mamallapuram (Mal) which I'm liking a lot. Lots to see and do...there will def be some pics to be posted.

The people here are so so friendly. While we were in Kovelan waiting for the bus, we got asked where we were going a lot and many told us the bus to take which was so great. I almost got on the wrong bus and an Indian g-ma who basically stood right by us the whole time we were waiting ran after me and yelled at me "no no no"...haha love it. Even on the bus, it seems Indians have taken responsibility for us--telling us when to get off and such. Nice.

We are spending the next couple of days in Mal...I will post pics tmr after visiting some temples and the five rathas.

xo
a

0 comments: